The Blade Itself

The Blade Itself - Joe Abercrombie Repaso de la trilogía, muy recomendable si te gusta Canción de Hielo y Fuego: Click aquí

An excellent trilogy recommended for fans of "A song of Ice and Fire".
A northern barbarian, a crippled inquisitor, a spoiled noble and a vengeful ex slave are assembled by an ancient and powerful wizard to end a war that threats to destroy the entire country. Although that might sound a bit generic for a fantasy book I can assure that this trilogy is extremely original in it's own way.

Abercrombie created a wonderful universe with excellent lore that is really easy to understand, with excellent and well developed characters
It's not the typical fantasy story: most characters are anti-heroes and many plot twists that are really awesome, seriously I thought that Abercrombie is even more cruel than George R.R Martin because of the way he handles some really obscure themes.
I found amazing that characters that should be despicable ended up being so awesome and fun to read, the characters were by far my favourite aspect of these books.

A warning though: the first book reads like a long introduction but I thought it was really awesome and made me pick up the second immediately.

If you like dark fantasy stories this trilogy is ideal for you, it quickly became one of my all time favourites. Not recommended if you like a happy story, these are really dark books with a lot of awesomely sinister characters.