Ready Player One

Ready Player One - Ernest Cline Reseña en español en el blog: Click Aquí

A book about videogames is something that can't go wrong with me, even though I don't play as much as I did when I was younger, I still enjoy playing some games on my free time. So I knew this book would be great for me but I couldn't have known that I would end up loving this story.

I don't think that you have to be a gaming freak or know all the pop culture references to enjoy this novel but certainly it's a bonus if you know some of them, it made me smile every time a game I played as a child was mentioned (like Contra, Golden Axe or Pac-Man) and I wasn't even born in the '80s.

The plot is very simple and despite it has some inconsistencies, I didn't care much because it really entertained me and that's what I was looking for. Also some of the dialogues and jokes can be hard to understand if you don't know the gamer slang, but it doesn't affects the plot or the enjoyment of the novel they are a complement as the references.

Another thing that I have to highlight is the narration by Will Wheaton on the audiobook version. I had my doubts about Wheaton as a voice actor but he did an amazing job portraying each character feelings and personalities. Also he showed a great voice range with all the different voices he made through the book, I'll probably pick the [b:Armada|16278318|Armada|Ernest Cline|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1377284428s/16278318.jpg|22378124] audiobook too.

If you are looking for a fun read this book is ideal. Even though I wasn't born in the '80s, some references put a smile on my face and made me enjoy the story even more. If it wasn't for the nostalgic value I would have rated this book lower but it was such a lovely book that I cannot rate it lower. Also I think that it leaves a great message at the end that wrap up the story perfectly. I totally recommend this book, especially if you were a teen in the '80s.