The Last Town

The Last Town - Blake Crouch Review en español en mi blog: Click Aquí

3.5 Stars: The Last Town is the final book in the Wayward Pines trilogy. Like in my reviews of Pines and Wayward, I wont say anything about the plot because it's impossible not to spoil the entire story so I'll only write a general opinion.

This was my least favourite of the trilogy, not because it was bad (it is a really good book actually) but because the other books setted the bar really high. Also I thought that it was really short (I finished it in one day) and it felt as a long chapter of the second book.

Without giving away many details I'll say that the ending was great. In my opinion it wasn't as mind blowing as the endings of the previous books but it was convincing and the only way this story could finish properly.
I also have to point out that until the last 20 pages or so, it's impossible to know how the story ends and that's something I really enjoyed.

If I had to rate the entire series I would give it 4 stars, it's a nice trilogy with a lot of mystery and "what-the-fuckery" that it's impossible to put down. If you're looking for a good thriller and a quick read you should try this trilogy, but please avoid spoilers because the reading becomes meaningless otherwise: the best of these books is figure out what's going on and when you do, it's impossible to stop reading.