The Song of Achilles (Audio)

The Song of Achilles (Audio) - Madeline Miller, Frazer Douglas Reseña en español de [b:La canción de Aquiles|15709854|La canción de Aquiles|Madeline Miller|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339949049s/15709854.jpg|16176791]: Click Aquí

3.5 Stars: A nice retelling of the myth of Achilles from the point of view of Patroclus. The writing style is simple and very easy to follow, I loved how the author managed to include gods and other mythological creatures without being tedious and without slowing the pace of the story.

The only drawback I found on this book was that the first half reads like a romantic novel which isn't the kind of book that I enjoy reading because I'm a heartless bastard. Leaving that aside, the second half and the last chapters were really good reaching a great ending, which you may already know if you've read The Iliad but the way Miller wrote it was very beautiful.

I totally recommend this book if you're interested in reading a different take on the War of Troy and if you enjoy Greek mythology. This book will show you a deeper version of Achilles, leaving aside his godlike abilities and focusing on his human side. Be warned that the first half of the book has a lot of romance and can be a little dull if you're not into romantic novels.